Fort Rucker Army Base, AL –
It’s time to get your flu vaccination. Lyster Army Health Clinic kicked off the 2022 Flu Campaign in October to protect individuals from influenza, its complications, and to prevent the potential spreading of the disease. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses like flu, this fall and winter, is more important than ever. It takes the body about two weeks to build antibodies against the influenza virus after vaccination, which is why getting the flu shot early is ideal.
Lyster Flu Vaccination Schedule:
• TRICARE Enrolled Beneficiaries ages 6 months and over: Immunization Clinic - Primary Care Clinic (PCC). Schedule your appointment by calling (800) 261-7193.
• School Age Children Walk-in Clinic ages 5-17 years 5 Nov from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Lyster, Primary Care Clinic (PCC). Please use side entrance –near Pharmacy Refill
• TRICARE Beneficiaries Walk-in Clinic ages 18 and over 14 Nov from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Lyster, Room V117
The annual Influenza Vaccination Campaign's goal is to protect all Soldiers and their dependents, Department of the Army Civilians, Healthcare Personnel, Retirees, and Fort Rucker School-aged children from influenza. This year's campaign runs through December 16. The seasonal influenza vaccine is recommended every year for everyone 6 months of age and older with rare exceptions. People at high risk for influenza complications include infants, young children, pregnant women, adults 65 and older, nursing home or long-term care facility residents, and those with underlying health conditions. Flu is unpredictable, and the U.S. flu season is typically October through May. Seasonal flu disease usually peaks between December and March, but disease can occur as late as May.
TRICARE has information on no cost and co-pay options should you decide to go out to the retail pharmacy network for your flu vaccination, visit https://tricare.mil/flu.
If you or your child receives a vaccine outside of the military treatment facility (MTF), remember to get a record of the vaccination and share the information with your primary care manager. This will ensure the completeness of your family's vaccination records.
Take Steps Daily to Prevent the Spread of the Flu.
• Wash your hands with soap and warm/hot water
• Use an alcohol-based sanitizer when handwashing is not possible
• Cover your mouth or nose when you cough or sneeze
• Avoid contact with your nose, eyes, or mouth
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms
To stay up to date on flu vaccine availability, be sure to follow Lyster's Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LysterArmyHealthClinic/.
Beneficiaries may schedule appointments at Lyster Army Health Clinic by calling the Lyster Central Appointment Line at 800-261-7193 or through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal at https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil